Genesis

G is for Genesis today in a moment of reflection from what is certainly one of my top five albums of all time.  I have the humble and wise Aris Hampers to thank for introducing me to Genesis, who very early in their career actually played Grand Valley State.   This is a musical era for me where songwriting was amazing; you could clearly understand the lyrics; and artists told stories that took you places far beyond the moment. 
"The face from the water looks up.
She smiles as if to say,
The bluebirds have all gone away.
Sail away, away.
Ripples never come back.
They've gone to the other side."
What ripples are you making in the world today while marching to the promised land?

Take the full eight minutes for this journey, close your eyes, and soar with me, will you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transformational Servant Leadership Innovation

You & I: A-Z Blogging Challenge

Rejection & Restoration