You & I: A-Z Blogging Challenge

     One of the more magical moments in my life (of many) was before digital cameras and smartphones at Fort Lamar in Lamar Park, Wyoming Michigan.   I became a fan of Yes by the age of 15, along with early Genesis, Marillion, Camel, Porcupine Tree (recently), and I suppose even some of Gino Vanelli's early work. Their ability to take you places through music, or music and lyrics, particularly with big headphones on or a quadrophonic stereo.The progressive rock movement for me is an extension of my love of Tolkien and Lewis as a child.
    You and I may never meet in person.  Yet we are still connected in so many ways beyond this life's existence on the same planet in this time frame and the various atoms and molecules that make up our physical structures.  That you would take a few moments of your time to spend here connects us by spirit.  And for me, regardless of your beliefs, philosophy or theology, we are connected by His spirit as well.
    The outdoor facility, which is long gone now was a rodeo and small fairground park.  I was there as an announcer for 97-LAV FM at the time. After spending the day helping the promoter (Bruce?) with backstage prep work because some of his crew didn't show, I met the band and their crew.
     What made this concert an irreplaceable memory was as they performed, with lights and lasers timed to endless memorable songs, a furious lightning storm came in off of Lake Michigan from north of town behind the stage and as wide as one's peripheral vision could see.   It never reached or disrupted the concert to my memory, but the visuals created by God and nature only enhanced an evening no digital camera saw beyond every attendee's neurons.
     I was long winded yesterday, so today let me be shorter while the words, music and spirit of Anderson, Bruford, Howe and Squire take us together to a different place:

And you and I climb over the sea to the valley
And you and I reached out for reasons to go home
And you and I climb, crossing shapes of the morning
And you and I reach over the sun for the river
And you and I climb, clearer, towards the movement
And you and I called over valleys of endless seas.


It's a wonderful journey this life and I'm grateful you joined.

Comments

  1. A very deep post for a before-coffee morning. Thanks for the new way of looking at ordinary.

    btw, I don't see word verification much anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Huntress! I'd had several cups of coffee beforehand.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your worldview.

Popular posts from this blog

Transformational Servant Leadership Innovation

Rejection & Restoration